At Central AV we are committed to reducing our impact on the environment.
Although we do not have an ISO14001 certification, we are working with Ground work
(www.groundwork.org) to build auditable procedures with a view to gaining our ISO14001 certification.
Below are some practical steps we have adopted to help reduce our impact on the environment:
· One of our vehicles has been converted to an alternative fuel (LPG)
· We audit all our customers and suppliers with a view to building a list of companies that we can meet with over video instead of travelling.
· We use duplex printing (print on both sides) by default
· All paper waste is put in recycling bins
· All internal packaging collected and recycled
· The Lights in all offices are fitted with motion sensors and switch off when no movement is detected after 10 minuets, and on with movement.
· Secure under cover bike racks have been erected to encourage cycling to work
· We audit our clients for information relating to recycling waste
· Where recycling collection is not available, we remove all packaging from site and deposit it at our office recycling collection point.
· Where possible we source quality products made with recycled materials
The above steps are continually reviewed and are governed by our environmental policy enclosed.